The leaves are starting to change, and maybe it’s time to make a change in your life, too. Maybe you’ve fallen off the wagon of working on your New Year’s Resolution, or maybe you’re just itching for something new. Maybe you’re feeling stuck, like you don’t know what needs to change, or perhaps you know exactly what needs to change but you just don’t know how to do it. One way to work through your thoughts is by journaling. Journaling can be a great way to reflect on your life and how you spend it. Try using these prompts to contemplate what changes you’re needing in life right now, and consider how to make those shifts:
1. How are you doing on your goals for 2019? Acknowledge the goals you’ve accomplished thus far, and reflect on the goals you’re still working on. Recognize your progress towards your goals, even if you haven’t achieved them yet.
2. List things you’re thankful for. Write down as many as you can think of!
3. What changes have you seen happening in your life lately?
4. What else needs to change? List all of the things you’d like to change about yourself or your life.
5. How can you make these changes?
6. How do you know it’s time for a change?
7. List the five people you spend the most time with. Evaluate how they make you feel and how they affect your behavior.
8. What are some things you can’t change? How can you accept these things?
9. List the top five people you admire, and their qualities you idolize most.
10. List things that make you happy - as many as you can think of. How can you integrate those things into your life more?
11. List how you would like to spend your day, and compare it to how you currently spend most of your days. What shifts can you make so that you’re spending more of your time how you want to?
12. What is something you want to learn more about? How can you learn more about it?
13. List three things you are passionate about.
14. How can you improve someone else’s day or week?
15. Is there any change you’re avoiding? Why?
Thanks for reading! Lauren