15 Positive Affirmations to Start the Week Off Right
Have you ever heard of the phrase, “you are what you think”? It’s the truth - your thoughts manifest your behaviors and affect your mood substantially! This means that we have to be careful with our thoughts, and try to keep them positive if we want to maintain a positive mood. If you don’t, negative thoughts can really change your mood. You know how it goes - one negative thought can bring on another, and another, and sooner than later, you’re in a bad mood. That’s why it’s so important to choose to have positive thoughts to combat the negative ones, and this is where affirmations come in! Affirmations are short sentences or reminders that can be used to motivate or inspire yourself. Repeating them to yourself can help you think more positively about the aspects of your life you feel are important. So, let’s start this week off on a positive note with some positive thoughts and affirmations:
1. I am in control of how I react to others.
2. I choose peace.
3. I forgive those who have harmed me in my past, and peacefully free myself from them.
4. I possess the qualities I need to be successful.
5. I am full of kindness and compassion.
6. I acknowledge my own self-worth.
7. I have the power to choose my destiny.
8. I release all negativity that rests in my mind and in my body.
9. My past is not a reflection of my future.
10. I deserve to have joy in my life.
11. I use my time and talents to help others.
12. I allow myself to be who I am.
13. I forgive myself for the mistakes I have made.
14. I surround myself with people who love and support me.
15. Today will be a good day, full of opportunities to grow.
I have been repeating a few of these affirmations to myself each morning for the last week, and I can’t tell you how much of a difference it has made in my headspace. Some people get more of a benefit from saying these affirmations out loud, some like to write them down, while others just repeat them in their head like a meditation. There are also dozens of other phrases you can use - choose whatever resonates with you! However you prefer to affirm yourself, either way you’re choosing to focus on the positive things, which is already awesome. What’s your favorite positive affirmation?
Thanks for reading!